Warren Seay, Jr.
Warren works with national banks, regional and local commercial banks, and capital market lenders and borrowers with the origination and restructuring of several types of assets, including single asset and project-based construction loans, term loans, and secured credit facilities.
He also advises clients on structured finance transactions, workouts, foreclosures, loan assumptions, loan sales, and sales of distressed properties. He regularly represents landlords and tenants in the negotiation and documentation of leases and subleases for a diverse portfolio of spaces.
Before joining Arent Fox, Warren was an associate in the Real Estate Finance group of a large, Texas-based business law firm.
Warren also served as the President of the DeSoto Independent School District Board of Trustees, and navigated DeSoto ISD through one of its most challenging leadership periods ever. When initially elected, Warren became the youngest elected official in Texas. Subsequently, he was re-elected four consecutive years as the Board’s President, making him the youngest Board President in the U.S. Warren has won praise from local, statewide and national educators for building strong coalitions, articulating a bold vision for student improvement and leveraging every available resource (including a nationally-recognized sports program in DeSoto, Texas) in order to transform a 10,000 student school district into a national example of turnaround success and innovation.
Publications, Presentations & Recognitions
- In 2015, Warren was recognized by the Dallas Business Journal as a ‘40 Under 40’ honoree.
- In 2014-2015, Warren served as a guest lecturer at the University of North Texas – Dallas and the Institute for Responsible Citizenship at American University. Presentation entitled: “‘Joshua Generation Rises’: The Intentional Transformation of Public Schools in DeSoto, Texas.”
- In 2013, Warren presented on “An Ethical Dilemma: The Urgent Need for Action in Majority-Black Suburban Public School Districts”.
Warren’s publications include:
- Researched and Drafted chapter: “Affirmative Action: Who Is Benefitting from It, and Is It Still Needed?” Contentious Social Issues. Anthony Cortese. University of Texas Press, January 2014.
- “Human Rights in Egypt” Human Rights and National Security Dilemmas. SMU Press, Spring 2010.