Linda M. Jackson
Linda has a particular focus in the Eastern District of Virginia, also known as the “Rocket Docket,” and the state trial courts in Northern Virginia including Fairfax, Arlington, and Loudon counties.
An aggressive litigator, Linda understands her clients' business objectives. Her pre-litigation and litigation strategies are designed to efficiently meet clients' business goals and she keeps them up-to-date as a case proceeds, while advising on options at critical decision points.
Linda’s practice includes:
- Non-compete, non-solicitation, and non-disclosure negotiation and litigation
- Civil business conspiracy, tortious interference, and other business competition issues
- Executive contracts and compensation
- Shareholder litigation
- Whistleblower and retaliation investigations and litigation
- Trade-secret disputes
- Business torts, including defamation, breach of fiduciary duties, and duties of loyalty
- Employment discrimination and wrongful discharge
Linda has represented clients in industries such as government contracting, professional services, associations, supermarkets, airlines, law firms, technology, health care, child care services, telecommunications, and commercial and residential development.
Linda was previously co-chair of the Government Contractors group at Littler Mendelson PC and a member of the Executive Committee at Venable LLP. She also served as a major in the US Air Force Judge Advocate General Reserve Corps. In 2009, she was named to the advisory board of the William and Mary Journal of Women and the Law.
- Member, Law Firm Advisory Committee, Office of the Attorney General for the District of Columbia
- Member, Regulatory Coordinating Committee, Section of Public Contract Law, American Bar Association
- Faculty Member, Professionalism for Law Students, Virginia State Bar
- Member, Virginia Women Attorney’s Association
- Former Member, Board of Directors, WBA Foundation, Women’s Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- Former Member, Judicial Screening Committee, Fairfax Bar Association
- Former President, Virginia Women Attorney’s Association
- Former Chair, Elections Committee, Fairfax Bar Association
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Arlington County Temporary Shelter
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Volunteer Fairfax
Publications, Presentations & Recognitions
Linda is a well-recognized and well published attorney. She has been recognized by Best Lawyers in America for her achievements in Labor and Employment Litigation; was named among the “Best Lawyers In Washington, D.C.” by The Washington Post; named to “Leader in the Law” in 2014 by Virginia Lawyers Media; recognized by Chambers USA in 2012; awarded the AV Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell; and a Super Lawyer in both the District of Columbia (2007) and in Virginia (2007) by Super Lawyers in 2007. She was named One of the Region’s Leading Employment Defense Attorneys by Washingtonian in 2007. In its December 2017 issue, Washingtonian named Linda a “Top Lawyer” in Employment Defense law. Linda also is a fellow of both the American Bar Association and the Virginia Law Foundation.
Linda’s publications and presentations include:
- “Corporate Responsibility in the Age of the Me Too Movement,” DC Bar, April 4, 2018
- “Equal Pay Act: Pay Equity Analyses Demystified,” Virginia Bar Association 47th Annual Conference on Labor Relations and Employment Law, September 16, 2017
- “Whistleblowing and retaliation: A Guide for Human Resources Professionals and Counsel,” LexisNexus Retaliation & Whistleblower claims by In-House Counsel, Ch. 11, 5th Ed., Contributing Author, 2013
- “Unfair Competition and Intellectual Property Protection in Employment Law: Contract Solutions and Litigation Guide,” BNA, Contributing Author, 2014
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia Bar
- US Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit
- US Court of Appeals, District of Columbia
- US District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- US Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- US Air Force Court of Criminal Appeals
The College of William & MaryJD1994Amherst CollegeBA1987