Danielle W. Bulger
Danielle counsels clients on the selection, registration, maintenance, portfolio management, and enforcement of trademarks throughout the United States and abroad.
Danielle has a vast array of experiences across a number of industries, including fashion, food and beverage, media, and technology.
Prior to coming to Arent Fox, Danielle worked at a large intellectual property firm. There, she advised on the management and enforcement of trademarks, the implications of false advertising, and compliance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). She also frequently participated in litigations before the federal district courts and the Trial Appeal Board (TTAB) of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
Danielle also previously worked in the news and documentary unit of Black Entertainment Television (BET), publishing online daily and covering legal and business issues facing minority-owned companies. While earning her Bachelor's degree, Danielle gained valuable media and marketing experience through positions at the NBC TODAY Show, CBS Evening News, WNBA, and Verizon Wireless.
Danielle served as an Arent Fox summer associate during 2013 and 2014, earning an Arent Fox Diversity Scholarship in 2013.
- Executive Board Member (Treasurer), IP Section, National Bar Association, 2017 - Present
- Member, Women’s Bar Association, 2016 - Present
Publications, Presentations & Recognitions
- Speaker, National Bar Association - 92nd Annual Convention, Branding and IP Rights in Online Video and on Social Media, August 2017
- Co-Author, Bloomberg BNA Trademark Infringement Remedies Cumulative Supplement, 2016; 2015
- What Prince Can Teach All Companies About Rebranding, Entreprenuer.com, May 2016
- How POM Wonderful Could Change the Landscape of False-Advertising Lawsuits, Westlaw Journal Intellectual Property, April 2014
- Leadership Institute for Women of Color Attorneys Scholar, 2015
- Federal Communications Bar Association Scholar, 2014
Life Beyond the Law
As a former resident of Manhattan’s Hell’s Kitchen, Danielle enjoys exploring Washington, D.C.’s emerging food scene, ranging from pop-up restaurants to Michelin-starred establishments.
Bar & Court Admissions
- Maryland Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
- New Jersey Bar
- US District Court, Southern District of California
- US District Court, Southern District of Florida
Georgetown LawJD2015University of MichiganBA2010